Corporate Profile: Skyway O & M Corporation
The Skyway O & M Corporation (SOMCO) is designated by the
Toll Regulatory Board (TRB) to operate and maintain the South
Metro Manila Skyway Project (SMMSP).
SOMCO is 72% Filipino-owned. The key shareholders are
Citra Metro Manila Tollways Corporation or CMMTC (40%),
Toll Road Operations and Maintenance Venture Corporation
(42.61%), Asset values Holding Corporation. (15.4%) and Metro
Strategic Infrastructure Holdings, Inc. (1.96%).
SOMCO was incorporated on December 13, 2007. SOMCO’s Board of Directors is presently composed of Pablo V. Galvez, as chairman, Alvin B. Bugtas, Roberto O. Parel, Sahra M. Mayor, Dodik Marseno Catur Utomo, Nadiya W. Stamboel, and Ramon M. Borromeo. Appointed as SOMCO’s officer-in-charge is Ramon M. Borromeo.
"To be the Philippines’ best tollway operator."
"We shall elevate the experience of traveling on our tollway to the highest standards of safety, speed and convenience to the delight of the motoring public and satisfaction of our stakeholders.
"We shall have the most competent, committed and motivated people using the latest appropriate technologies in the operation and maintenance of our tollway.
"We shall conduct our business in accordance with the best practices in good corporate governance."
- Customer-focus. We will always be aware of our customers’ current and future needs and expectations and will strive to exceed them. Customer feedback guides us in making continuing improvements.
- Resourcefulness. We believe there are many ways of solving problems or eliminating barriers to achieve quality service.
- Sense of urgency. Due to the nature of our business, we have to act with urgency at all times.
- Innovation. The business environment changes fast and carries with it some risks which we must handle through both traditional and new, untried ways.
- Excellence. We try to be the best in everything we do through teamwork, open communication and involvement.
- Balance of cost and quality. We shall deliver the quality service with due consideration to the cost.
Functions of SOMCO
SOMCO assumed from PNCC Skyway Corporation (PSC) the responsibility for the operation and maintenance (O&M) of the Skyway System on December 31, 2007, namely:
- traffic safety and management, including motorist assistance
- tollway maintenance and engineering,
- toll collection operation, including the operation of the Customer Service Center / E-Pass